The Cabinet in its meeting held here today decided to regularize the services of about 2000 Part Time Water Carriers (PTWC) and Water Carriers-cum-Peon working on daily wage basis in Higher/Elementary Education department as appointed under 1996 policy prior to 27-07-2001, who have rendered 14 years continuous service as PTWC or Water Carrier-cum-Peon on daily wages basis (combined) till the 31st March, 2016 and 30th September, 2016 as well as on same dates.
The meeting was chaired by Chief Minister Virbhadra Singh.
The Cabinet also paid tributes to the martyrs of Uri attack on army base by observing silence for two minutes.
Decision was taken to open new Sub-Division Office (Civil) at Nagrota-Bagwan and Shahpur in Kangra district and Kumarsen in Shimla district. It also decided to create new Sub Division Office (Civil) for Naina Devi at Swarghat in district Bilaspur.
It was also decided to up-grade Sub-Tehsil Dharampur in district Mandi to Tehsil. Decision was also taken to merge Sub-Tehsil Tihra with Dharampur Tehsil and exclude Patwar Circles Cholthara and Sadhot from Sub Tehsil Tihra and include the same in Sarkaghat Tehsil. Further two Patwar Circles of Sandhol Tehsil viz: Gorat and Kamlah to be included in proposed Dharampur Tehsil.
The Cabinet approved to include Patwar Circle Charana of Tehsil Nohradhar, Patwar Circles Khala Kyar, Bhatgarh, Koti Dhiman and Jarang of Dadahu Tehsil, district Sirmour and Development Block Mehla of district Chamba in the difficult area Sub-Cadre.
It gave its nod for inclusion of area of Up-Mohal Kyari (Rajhana) in Shimla into the limits of Municipal Corporation, Shimla.
The Cabinet authorized the MPP and Power department to negotiate with Central Public Sector undertakings in case of Jangi-Thopan (960) MW power project.
Posts filled or created
- The Cabinet gave its approval to fill up 108 posts of multi-purpose Workers in the Forest Department on contract basis.
- To fill up eight posts of Office Assistant (IT) in Higher Education Department.
- It approved to create seven posts of Veterinary Officer and eight posts of Para Veterinarians for Modern Abattoir, Krishanagar in MC Shimla.
- It approved for creation and filling up six posts of Junior Office Assistant (IT) in the Himachal Pradesh Election Department on contract basis.
- Approval was accorded to fill up four posts of Junior Office Assistant (IT) in Printing & Stationary Department and three similar posts in Social Justice & Empowerment Department on contract basis.
- It approved creation and filling up the post of Deputy Director for Polytechnic/Engineering College.
- Two posts of Clerks on contract basis in the Department of Hospitality and Protocol.
- It approved creation of one post of SLA and one post of JLA in Government College Jukhala in district Bilaspur.
- It approved one post of Senior Assistant on regular basis and one post of Junior Office Assistant (IT) on contract basis in Government College Bhoranj in district Hamirpur.
Other Important Decisions
- The Cabinet gave its approval to ‘Mukhya Mantri Gyandeep Yojna’ under which interest subvention of 4 percent would be given to all Himachali students availing educational loan from banks upto Rs. 10 lakh, irrespective of income level.
- It approved Passenger Ropeway Project from Kullu By-pass to Bijli Mahadev under PPP mode.
- The Cabinet discussed upon construction of road up-to the portals of proposed Chamunda-Holi tunnel in the first instance for which matter may be taken up with National Highway Authority of India, (NHAI) GoI.
- It approved to open two new Town Planning Offices at Rohroo in Shimla and Nadaun in Hamirpur districts along-with requisite posts.
- The Cabinet gave its approval for opening of new Government Degree College at Chopal in district Shimla from the next academic session 2017-18 along-with filling up of posts on contract basis.
- It approved to create new Primary Education Block office at Sangarh in district Sirmour.
- Cabinet gave its approval to regularize the service of Ayurvedic Medical Officers appointed on contract basis in CHCs/PHCs.
- It approved allotment of 10 bighas of land at Sunni in district Shimla for establishment of farmer training center to the Punjab National Bank Farmer Welfare Trust.
- Approval was accorded to setting up of residential institution for Mentally Challenged Children.
Amendments and Rules
- The Cabinet decided to make amendments in Himachal Pradesh River Rafting Rules, 2005.
- The Cabinet gave its approval for constitution of Regional Plans of the State. All districts may be taken as a unit for establishment of region strictly in accordance with provisions of 73th and 74th constitutional amendment by Town, Country and Planning department.
- It gave its approval for making amendment in Mukhya Mantri Bal Udhhar Yojna in tune with the Juvenile Justice (Care and Protection of Children) Act, 2015 to supplement the Integrated Child Protection Scheme.
- It approved amendment in Rule 6 and 6-B and insertion of Form ‘GG’(Form of Indemnity Bond) in Central Sales Tax (Himachal Pradesh) Rule, 1970.
- It approved the proposal regarding non-applicability of the Forest Conservation Act, 1980 in the Scheduled Areas of Himachal Pradesh for a period of two years.
· Approval was accorded to amendment in Rules under “Training & Proficiency in Computer Application & allied Activities” Scheme-2006.